Listen to Career Tracker roar. HRNasty is quiet no more
Big news on the HRNasty front. I am proud to announce that I am a co-founder of a new product/software service called Career Tracker. Career Tracker is a web application that seeks to level the playing for job seekers in several ways:
- Our professional resume builder helps you build customized resumes tailored to your career stage and even specific job postings in 15 minutes, for free. Why? Because a professional resume can increase your chances of getting a job by up to 40%?
- Create professional cover letters in 5 minutes or less using our Mad Libs-style fill-in-the-blanks wizard templates. Banging out cover letters has never been so easy.
- Track your job applications and send out follow-up emails in a snap with our Application Tracker. The App Tracker makes it easy to gain an immediate advantage by showing the persistence that most candidates lack.
- Got a job offer? Or perhaps you’re looking to compare the value of jobs based on job descriptions? Our Job Offer Calculator does the heavy lifting for you, producing a total value in a matter of minutes. It takes into account many factors such as bonuses, healthcare, stock options, PTO, 401K match, federal and state taxes, and more.
HRNasty created these templates so you know they were written by a professional recruiter, for recruiters and hiring managers. These templates are effective because they surface the exact information the reader/recruiter/hiring manager needs at each stage of the interview process.
Career Tracker Differentiators
- Career Tracker’s technology makes it easy and efficient to create multiple resumes and cover letters, tailored for your specific job description. Instead of using a single resume and/or cover letter to apply to 10 different jobs, you can easily customize and track 10 different resumes and letter for 10 different job applications. Your first resume and cover letter are both completely free (PDF downloads too).
- Through the App Tracker, we’ll send you text notifications when it’s time to follow up with the hiring manager or recruiter. Each text contains a link to the appropriate email template – you just fill in the blanks and in minutes, you are ready to fire off an email follow-up to a recruiter or hiring manager. Quick and painless. Sales professionals and executives are the kings and queens of follow up. Shouldn’t you be too?
- We arm you with downloadable preparation cheat sheets that I personally use with the candidates I work with. Examples would be one-page prep worksheets for phone interviews, in-person interviews, and how to set up and nail networking meetings.
- We offer a completely free Job Offer Calculator that will help you determine the actual value of your offer after taxes and accounting for equity incentives, benefits, and other perks.
And of course, we provide you with instruction and explanations on how to maximize the blast radius of your job search. Our tips and resources offer advice on formatting, to where to list your education, to how many pages your resume should be.
How Career Tracker works
Career Tracker was built to provide a one-stop-shop for all of your job search needs. Below is what we would consider the ideal way to utilize all of the resources. That said, you can start anywhere you’d like and pick one or multiple products depending on your needs – it’s up to you!
- In the beginning, you need to create your documents: a professional resume and cover letter are the foundations for any job search. Pick a resume template based on where you are in your career, and choose a cover letter template that’s right for your industry.
- Career Tracker has templates for everyone, whether you are a recent graduate, a 20-year veteran, or a candidate returning back to work after a work hiatus.
- Download PDFs of your resumes and cover letters to email, upload to your online job applications or print them out for interviews.
Apply to jobs!
As you apply to each job, create an Application Tracker to receive reminders on when to follow-up with a recruiter, write a thank you email after an interview, and more.
- Ready to follow up with the hiring company? Career Tracker will text you and give you access to dozens of pre-written email templates so you can create a personalized follow-up email in minutes.
- Most candidates don’t follow up either because they simply don’t know they should, or because writing multiple emails from scratch seems pretty daunting. We take the stress out of this process by showing you what to say – you just fill in the blanks with the names, titles, etc.
- Read through our library of insider tips on how to leverage the job search process.
- When you receive your job offer (awesome!), just plug in the offer details (salary, commissions, benefits, etc) into our easy-to-use Job Offer Calculator to place an actual value on your total compensation package. This also allows you to compare multiple job offers on an “apples-to-apples” basis that takes into account the whole picture.
No catch, no hitch, just more HRNasty
The job search game has become even more sophisticated over the past few years. Online applications and social media have changed the landscape for the job applicant. Most of us never learned what hiring managers and recruiters really look for in our resume and job applications to generate real interest in you as a candidate. Career Tracker is your wingman, your Hitch, your matchmaker, your agent. We will guide you through your job search and remove the guesswork. We can help you land a stronger offer.
Career Tracker is Free to You
Using Career Tracker doesn’t cost anything. Too good to be true? You know that I have never felt that the game called Job Hunting was fair to the candidate. The recruiters and hiring managers make all the rules and hold all the cards. HRNasty.com was started so you can understand the rules and know how to play the game. We now take this “level the playing field” mentality to the next level. We provide real tools so you can apply for your next job with confidence.
For the past year, we have been building, testing, and iterating on a product we now call Career Tracker, created to help all job seekers. Over the past few months, I have been personally testing it with candidates whom I have been coaching. After many changes and enhancements and I can honestly say we have a product that will help all candidates regardless of where you are in your career.
Two Worlds Collide
I was lucky enough to partner up with the founder of Career Tracker, startup veteran Brian Erke. I interview people for a living so my bullshit meter is very sensitive. After working with Brian for a bit, it became pretty clear that he is a technologist and entrepreneur. Brian knows how to execute on a vision. He was working at Amazon in Alexa as a product manager at the time and has applied all his know-how to make Career Tracker easy to use, functional, and reliable. Oh, and did I mention he has a Wharton MBA? Yes, this guy is the real deal.
We feel ready and proud to unleash what we are confident will be a game-changer for job seekers. Brian wrote the code behind the technology and designed all the experiments to test our ideas and theories, and I used my two decades of recruiting experience to provide:
- Customized resume, cover letter, and email templates for job seekers at various stages of their careers
- Tips, advice, instruction, and explanations for job seekers. You receive a thorough understanding as to why each of our suggestions is so important to the overall process.
All of the above are based on the proven advice I have been blogging about for the past nine years. This is the same (and even improved) advice that has helped thousands of candidates at all stages of their careers to land jobs in all industries. Behind the information and content are the same technology and product expertise that has helped scale a number of tech companies in the Pacific Northwest.
We have decades of experience in building technology and optimizing the job search. Our mission is to level the playing field. We want to provide you with the tools that will help you succeed in landing a job. Check it out – your next job awaits!
See you at the after-party,
nasty: an unreal maneuver of incredible technique, something that is ridiculously good, tricky and manipulative but with a result that can’t help but be admired, a phrase used to describe someone who is good at something. “He has a nasty forkball”.
If you felt this post was valuable please subscribe here. I promise no spam,